I recently faced a problem with our Cisco AP541N-A-K9 Dual Band Access Points. We have 5 in the office and users would complain that they were getting the “Limited Access” error or would not be able to connect at all. The problem would only happen in certain areas of the office with certain users. If the user would go to another area (switching access points), the error would go away and they would be fine. After troubleshooting the issue, I found that the only fix was to reboot the access point that was giving problems and everything would be fine. This wasn’t the perfect solution though because not all users on that access point would be having issues, and rebooting would kick everyone off for a short period of time.
I found that the best thing to do would be to write a script that would reboot all of the access points early in the morning before the users would get to work. That way all of the access points would have a clean slate to start with. Here’s how I did it: